Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor Day Fun!!

This past weekend Todd and I went with Heather, Cory, Kimberly and Grant to Knoxville, TN to watch our two favorite teams play each other. We left from Martin Saturday morning and got to the game in plenty of time to experience the Vol Walk, the parade, and the bookstore. Todd and I had never been to a TN game before and were very excited. We wore TN Martin shirts, but really did not care who won. As Todd said, it was a "win-win" for us. It was an awesome experience and makes me want to go to a game every year.
After the game the six of us drove to a cabin near the Ocoee River. It was a very nice place to stay and we loved it. On Sunday, we went to a lookout that was really, really pretty. Then we went whitewater rafting. It was tons of fun. I almost got taken out by another raft, but I survived. I did, however, fall out at another time (unavoidable) and have a bruise on my arm in the shape of a heart. Then, that night we cooked hamburgers over a campfire (it was a cool experience) and ended the night with s'mores.
We headed home on Monday and were able to stop by my best friend Grace's to see her, E.J., and baby Ensley. I was very glad to see her two weeks in a row. That probably will not happen often, if ever, again. Ensley is such a sweet sweet baby!! We had a wonderful weekend!!! I will post pics later.

No comments:

Post a Comment