Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Catching up!

Sunday our good friends the Boyds invited us to spend Easter with them. We had a lot of fun and got out picture with the Easter bunny.













Well sorry it has been a while since I posted. I sometimes feel like I have nothing really important to say and people will not want to read about it, but oh well.

Not much has happened since the end of Feb. I am still running and the race is in less than three weeks. I am getting really excited and nervous at the same time. I super excited because some of my dearest and closest friends are going to come and cheer me on. I ran my longest run EVER last week 10.66. I never thought I would be a runner. However, I have never felt better. Not just physically but also emotionally. At first I did not know how I would find time with work, tutoring, and getting my Masters, but it has not been that difficult. It has helped me to be disciplined and not waste as much time as I probably did before.

We had a birthday party for my grandma two weeks ago and then since my spring break was last week I brought my sweet niece Adaline, back for 5 days. We had lots of fun!! Also I got to see a glimpse of what life would be like with a toddler. And I would keep her again in a heartbeat and still want my own children. We went to the park and Todd taught her how to hit the t-ball. It was so cute I will post a video and pictures.

I have wanted a new pair of running shorts, a new sleeveless running top, and new sunglasses because mine has scratches all over the lenses. When I came home from work today I had all three items lying on the bed. My sweet husband had gotten me all three things. Also they were exactly what I would have picked out. I am very grateful for the loving and supportive husband I have although I don't always show it. He has been really encouraging and supportive during my training for this race. So thanks honey!!!

Well, that’s about all that is going on. I have 32 1/2 more days of school and I just finished my 4th masters class. So thanks for reading and enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. If I didn't know better...I would think Adaline was yours with all of those pictures. She is getting so big and I bet she is full of personality and priss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am a little obsessed but thats what Aunts do right? lol She is full of personality and priss and it is so neat to watch her grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blogs...and I look forward to when you post them!!! Those pictures are so cute. And I am SO incredibly impressed and proud of you for your running!!! I can't even go a mile! hehe :-) Love you and miss you girl.

    ReplyDelete